Policies for IIMBA Course Exemptions and Waivers
The IIMBA Program allows students to either be exempted from or waived of certain courses. The following are the rules that pertain to course waiving and exemptions:
a. Course Exemptions (No credits transferred)
Students may choose to be exempted from pre-requisite courses if they have already completed similar subjects in the past. Please note, however, that the program will not credit any courses that students are exempted from.
The exemption is only for the pre-requisite courses. Please note that these pre-requisite courses will not credit toward your graduation credits, but will be credited in the immediately followed fall semester.
Submission of exemption application documents are not automatically granted exemption. The application for the exemption is subject to the approval of the review committee and the IIMBA faculty.
The following are the courses and qualification for exemption:
APPLICANT QUALIFICATION: COURSES COMPLETED WITH A GRADE OF 70 OR ABOVE IN COURSES OF SIMILAR CONTENT COMPLETED AT SCHOOLS OF UNDER-GRADUATE LEVEL OR ABOVE FOR AT LEAST 3 CREDITS.
*PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS RULE ONLY QUALIFIES THE STUDENT FOR THE REVIEW PROCESS FOR EXEMPTION.
1. Submission of the Exemption Form:
(1) Application Period: within 4 weeks after the first day of the enrollment period of first semester.
(2) Required Documents:
(a) Fill out the “Course Exemption Application Form” (this is emailed to you by the IIMBA Office. You can also get this form from the IIMBA Office if you did not receive an email).
(b) A copy of the transcript with requestd course (s)(please also bring the original transcript while you submitted the application).
(c) A copy of the syllabus of the courses to be exempted.
Note: Please make sure that the grading system used by your university and the courses to be exempted are clearly stated
2. Exemption Ways:
Documents Evaluation: Documents are reviewed by Subject Matter Experts forming the Exemption committees. The decision of the review committees is final.
3. After Evaluation:
If you fail the exam (Passing grade: 70 pts) or evaluation, then you need to take the IIMBA Pre-requisite courses (The courses offered during summer vacation). These courses should be taken within the IIMBA department.
4. Application timetable:
For more detail information about exact time, please pay attention to the IIMBA office announcements regarding this matter.
b. Course Waiver
Students may also choose to waive certain courses. Waived courses will be credited in the IIMBA program.
There are no restrictions to which courses may be waived. However, there is a maximum number of credits that are allowed for waiving.
Maximum Credits for Waiving
|Courses Taken||Maximum Credits Received of Waived Courses|
|Courses Taken in IIMBA Credit Program||18 Credits|
|Courses Taken in EMBA/AMBA Credit Program||6 credits|
|Courses Taken in NCKU Credit Program||6 Credits (50% of the original credits will be counted)|
|Courses Taken in other universities||6 Credits (50% of the original credits will be counted)|
APPLICANT QUALIFICATION: WAIVERS MUST BE BASED ON COURSES COMPLETED WITH A GRADE OF 70 OR BETTER IN COURSES OF SIMILAR CONTENT COMPLETED AT SCHOOLS OF GRADUATE LEVEL (OR ABOVE) TO APPLY.
1. Submit a completed “Application for Credit Transfer”
2. Submit an Original Transcript
3. Submit a Syllabus of the courses to be waived
- 1. All students (including students in suspension) should submit the application for Course Exemption or/and Course Waiver within 4 weeks after the first day of the enrollment period of first semester. This is the only chance to apply for exemption / waiver consideration. Late applications will not be accepted.
- 2. Students transferring from the EMBA/AMBA departments should submit the application for Course Exemption or/and Course Waiver up to the maximum of 9 credits. After this, if students would like to exempt or/and waive more courses, he/she needs to apply for the “Application of Exception”.