Years of Study, Credits and Course Selection
- The Master Program must be completed within 2 to 5 years, study suspension is allowed for 2 years in maximum. (coursework length and suspension length will be counted separately)
- Pre-requisites courses include Statistical Methods, Managerial Accounting and Managerial Economics. Please note that these courses will not be counted toward your graduation credits.
- Required course: Research Method One (After having successfully completed twelve (12) credit hours, including at least one (1) methodology course)
- Methodology Course: At least one (1) methodology course, 3 credits.
- Core Course:
Marketing Management、Strategic Management、 Financial Management、Financial Markets and Institutions、 Production and Operation Management、Management Information System
At least take 3 courses from the above 6 courses, 9 credits in total. (Applicable to Batch 113 and before)
- Elective Courses:
- a. 8 electives, 24 credits in total. Students may take 2 courses as elective in other departments under the College of Management, but it is not allowed as required course nor core course. You are not allowed to take a course in another department if that same course is offered in the IIMBA program in the same semester (applicable to Batch 113 and before).
- b. 11 electives, 33 credits in total, core course is not necessary. Students may take 2 courses as elective in other departments under the College of Management, but it is not allowed as required course nor core course. You are not allowed to take a course in another department if that same course is offered in the IIMBA program in the same semester (applicable to Batch 114 and after).
- For each course, students of Taipei class need to return to IMBA Tainan campus to attend the class for at least 3 weeks. Detailed class schedule please refer to the class timetable in each semester.
- All Master students are required to take the three pre- requisite courses(Statistical Methods, Managerial Accounting and Managerial Economics) to fulfil the graduation requirement if they have not previously taken these courses at either undergraduate or 2-year/3-year/5-year junior college level.
If students have already taken the course at undergraduate or 2-year/3-year/5-year junior college level, they are required to submit an application for Course Exemption. Exemption will be granted after the application and document evaluation review procedure.
For students in IMBA credit program, they only need to submit the relevant documents and attend the pre-requisite course exam without document evaluation.
- WAIVERS MUST BE BASED ON COURSES COMPLETED WITH A GRADE OF 70 OR BETTER IN COURSES OF SIMILAR CONTENT COMPLETED AT SCHOOLS OF GRADUATE LEVEL (OR ABOVE) TO APPLY (Limited to the course credit taken within 4years before enrollment).
- 18 credits in maximum will be waived for courses taken in IIMBA credit program.
- 6 credits in maximum will be waived for courses taken in EMBA/AMBA Credit Program. For courses taken in other universities, 6 Credits in maximum will be waived (50% of the original credits will be counted)
- Master students need to take 39 credits for coursework besides master thesis.
- Students are required to submit their English Proficiency Certificate(within 2 years before admission) before his/her final defense. The English Proficiency Standard is as following: Toeic 750; Toefl ibt 80; Ielts 6.5
The students who get their bachelor degree from one of the following seven countries’ campus do not need to submit the English Proficiency Certificate(within 10years starting from the submission date):
United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, Republic of South Africa
- Regulations of IIMBA Students(including overseas students and in-service students)' Applying for University’s Exchange Student Program and College of Management’s Exchange Student Program:
- The applicant must have finished three quarter (75%) of credits out of the graduation course credits.
- The applicant must get his/her advisor’s approval.
- The applicant’s waived credits during exchange plus the waived credits in College of Management, NCKU, must be no more than six (6) credits.
- The maximum of applicants in every academic semester are three international student and two local student.